Research Scientist - Microbiology
We are currently looking for a motivated individual, with strong work ethic, to join our organization as a microbiology Research Scientist.
January 24, 2017
NutriAg Ltd is a technology based plant nutrient Company. We are dedicated to the research, development, manufacture and marketing of specialty crop nutrient products. We are currently looking for a motivated individual, with strong work ethic, to join our organization as a microbiology Research Scientist.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Isolation and characterization of a wide variety of microbial strains.
- Evaluation of strains in greenhouse experiments.
- Development of novel biofertilizer and biopesticide formulations.
- Design and execute media experiments in shaken flask.
- Conduct fermentation scale-up experiments in lab reactor.
- Writing standard operation procedures for various equipment uses.
- Perform research with a significant degree of independence.
- Supervise research technician as required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Must have significant experience with microbial fermentation.
- Experience with operation and maintenance of bioreactors.
- Preference for candidates with experience in the development of biofertilizer and biopesticide products.
- Minimum B.Sc. in Chemical, Biochemical or Biological Engineering, Microbiology or related field. ▪ Good interpersonal, written and oral communication.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be creative, highly organized, self-motivated, perceptive, and innovative.
- Heavy lifting required.
What’s on offer?
NutriAg offers a very competitive salary with bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested, please submit your resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com
Only successful candidates will be contacted.