A liquid ammonia sulphate water conditioning agent for glyphosate herbicides
Poor water quality (hardness, high pH) can make your herbicide less effective. Calcium, sodium and carbonate are three hard-water salts which adversely affect herbicidal performance, particularly in glyphosate herbicides.
LAS's ammonium sulphate formula addresses this problem by:
- Linking with calcium in the water to form calcium sulphate, which precipitates and makes this salt inactive
- Altering the protein structure in the cell wall, rendering it more permeable
- Helping to precipitate colloids (suspended clay molecules of soil and soil particles) which absorb glyphosate, rendering it inactive
Advantages of LAS
- Reduces antagonism of glyphosate and sulphosate in hard water
- Improves efficacy of herbicides
- Compatible with most spray mixtures
Methods of Application
LAS can be applied either by ground rig or back sprayer and is also suitable for aerial spraying.